Dev Journal - Super Space Surge (7)

Ah-ha, it's finally happened! I finally enjoy the play and feel of my game, and (at least to me) it feels like a true bullet-hell. It's finally difficult enough that it makes me want more, and it's playing smooth enough that I'm content with it.

And with that, I've wrapped up level five! I'm going to be working on the fifth level boss all day today, then I'll work the final level + extra stage. Then I suppose, it'll be ready for the last few touch ups, then I'll finally release the game!

Since my last update, I've added a lot of new things.
  • Health and Energy bars are now textured.
  • High scores now properly work + save between instances.
  • New bullet textures. I'm still likely to change these up, however.
  • More particle effects.
  • More and more enemies.
  • Obviously the fourth and fifth levels are now complete!
  • Lasers now shoot properly!
  • Bombing now works properly, too!
  • Inverted color effects. (I may have overused them throughout the game, but that's a-okay because they look kick-ass.)
I want to add multiple ships to play as, as well as make the shooting and bombing more visual. They function exactly how I want them to, they're just not "pretty," haha. After I get the mechanics of everything down and finish the extra stage level, I want to go back and hopefully redo the backgrounds. I've had an idea to make it seem more "3D" despite just going to be various transparent 2d images (or randomly generated particle effects) flying past one another at varying speeds. I'll play around with that at a later point, though! 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave feedback, comments, or concerns here!