Super Space Surge - Demo (1)

Well, after about a month of work, I am ready to release a simple demo of my game, Super Space Surge! What an exciting month this has been. On top of balancing financial issues, starting my next semester of college, and wondering how in the hell I can balance everything, I have diligently worked on this project, and I am ready to release a demo!

This is about halfway done. Music is extremely subject to change as I'm getting used to new programs and every time I make a new composition, I figure out another "ohh, I can do that; this sounds neat," so all music heard is subject to change. Same with sound effects, too. Graphics will probably keep this style. If I really feel so inclined, I'll remake the bullets to be more... I don't know. Less "cartoony-flat-looking" and have a different style --I'm not entirely sure just yet. Bear with me, folks! It's my first publicly released game! :)


Now, onto about the actual game itself:
  1. It is a 2d, space-themed, manic shoot 'em up (also known as bullet hell or danmaku). 
  2. There will be 6 levels + extra levels (maybe). In this demo, there are the first 3 completed.
  3. It's entirely created by me or with public domain, royalty-free graphics and sound effects.
  4. My inspiration mainly came from the Touhou series. It's my favorite Japanese indie game series, and I enjoyed them so much, the least I can do is have some fun making my own style of danmaku while also giving the community a chance to have fun (and hopefully take a crack at my games to come!)
For this game, there are very simple controls.
  • Movement - Arrow Keys.
  • Shooting - Z
  • Bombing/Shielding - X
  • Focused (slowed) Movement - Left Shift
  • Spacebar - Most GUI control (i.e. to go to the next stage after completing the current one, hit space.)
  • Escape - Pauses the game. 

Good luck, everyone.
Now, a link to the game online: 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I love the game. I found it to have a wonderful flow as well as easy to use controls. If I were to give any suggestion it would be that I feel the kill boxes were very small. On larger enemies it felt as if unless I was hitting the center of mass, that I wasn't hitting them at all. I found myself spending entire lives either evading bullets because I couldn't get close enough to the area I needed to actually hit my enemy, or just sitting there taking the damage so I could stay in place and do damage myself.

    All in all however, I found it to be a very good game experience. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave feedback, comments, or concerns here!